Make a Reservation
Suleymaniye Hamam TM
Hamam rules and Instructions
You may take off your clothes, jewelry (wrist, watch, earrings, necklace etc.) and place them in your private locked dressing room. We provide women a bikini, shorts and men a bath towel, shorts (Peştemal). The key to your private dressing room will remain on your wrist at all time while you enjoy your Hamam experience.Please be aware that our Hamam caters exclusively to couples and serves both male and female clients simultaneously.
The hamam experience in three steps
- You will start your hamam journey in the hot room. This is a necessary first step. In the hot room, you will lie down on a warm marble slab in the center ( Göbektasi ) for 30 minutes. This will allow your body to relax, sweat and release many toxins. The hot room is kept at a temperature ranging between 38 and 40 degrees Celsius. And 65 % - 72 % humidity. There maybe few other people , in center area for sweating on or around ( Göbek tasi ) waiting their turn for service. This is very important for best experience for scrubbing. n If you feel overheated, please simply douse yourself with cold or warm water from the sinks around you . Feel free to use water for your relaxation as much as you can. You may also , Go out from hot room to next cooler room until you feel better and come back to hot room again. Please be aware of your own health;If you have any health conditions that might be aggravated by heat, kindly inform us before entering the hamam.
- In the second step after your time on the marble slab, our specialized staff will call you by your hotel name and give you a full body exfoliation (peeling) followed by a soap massage and a whole body washing. Please note that all of the masseurs at the Suleymaniye Hamam are male.
- Finally, after you have been thoroughly washed and your towels have been changed, you will move on to the cooling room where you can rest and relax. Order and enjoy your free drinks here. After the the drinks, you may go back to your cabin to get dressed.
- We recommend booking at least two/three days before the visit.
- Reservation can be done only online on our website.
- Reservations are only considered valid if you have received a confirmation email .
- Please arrive to the Hammam center 15 minutes before you change clothes and fill in the guest list.
- Payment is cash only (no credit cards) .
- You can pay in Turkish Liras, Euros or Dollars.
- There will be no refunds after reservation.
- Tips for your masseurs are customary. The tip box is at the reception.
- The entire hammam experience will last 90 minutes .
- We do not recommend admission to those who are more than two months pregnant .
- Our services are not suitable for kids younger than 12 years old . We only accept +12 years old visitors into the hamam.
- If you are late , unfortunately, your time will be shortened .
- Please turn off the sound of your mobile phone and don`t take it to the treatment room.
- There can be other guests in other areas of the hamam center. Please don`t speak loudly.
- We are not responsible for left unattended or forgotten items.
- We keep forgotten items for a month.
- Please don`t wear any jewelry at the washing area.
- No smoking and no alcohol at Hamam.
- Historical Suleymaniye Hamam® / Turkish Bath has no other branches nor affiliated with any other Hamam .
Our reservation Cancelation policy :
Cancellations can only be made via email to email@example.com
You can take pictures or videos at the lobby. But it is strictly not allowed to take pictures or videos at the washing area.